Free access to information, infinite possibilities.
In 1905, some very distinguished people of Sweetwater gathered together to discuss the need for a library.
After much planning and organization, the Sweetwater Public Library Association was located in a vacant room in a school building donated by Colonel O.C. Hulvey.
In 1908, however, the library was moved to a small building on a plot of land, both of which were provided by Mrs. Bland E. Clark. The name was then changed to the “Helen M. Cooke Memorial Library” in honor of Mrs. Clark’s sister.
In 1980, ground was broken for yet another bigger and better library building. Funding donated by Mrs. Florine Jones Hall helped to make this happen. Located on the corner of Biggs and Oak Streets now stands what is known as the Sweetwater Public Library.